Tuesday 12 April 2011

Nike Hachi ND QS


"Nike have created a ‘new’ silhouette for Spring. Introducing the Nike Hachi ND …

There’s a good reason I put the word ‘new’ in inverted commas, as this shoe draws inspiration heavily from the Nike Sting of 1976 – one of my all time favourite running silhouettes. And when I say heavily, this may as well have been called the Nike Sting Vulc Mid, but I guess Hachi is easier to say.

Features such as the materials, foam tongue and of course the lovely plastic lace loops. The Hachi becomes it’s own not only by being a vulc mid but by the addition of a perforated Swoosh and a rather dope heel tab.

What’s nice about this shoe is that appeals both to the Mid-top fans, skate fans and sneaker heads all in different ways."

I'm a big fan of Nike SB Blazers [which I spent half an hour cleaning in the sink the other day], and even the "vintage" Blazers. However the yellowed mid-soul kind of rubs me the wrong way. Buying shoes that have been "un-freshed" to look old... You must be kidding me.

These Hachi's make a nice alternative to Blazer's. I would hope they drop some black ones though.

[Via The Daily Street]

No comments:

Post a Comment